Sunday, July 28, 2013

Makeover Monday #1!!! with Rustoleum..

Good Morning and Happy Monday to you!

Over the weekend I begin updating the hardware in my house but being that I'm cheap frugal monetarily challenged resourceful I decided that I didn't want to go out and replace every doorknob in the house.  

A few years ago I replaced a few knobs changing the style of the handle and never finished it got too expensive to pay 30+ dollars for every knob. I have eight interior doors in my house and I replaced half of them with new knobs.

 I really wish that I kept the old stuff, just goes to show you that you show never getting rid of anything! (OK, ok I'm calling Hoarders Anonymous right now.)

This is what the doors looked liked  before.






Not very stylish. (If you have these in your home and love them I apologize in advance, I'm just over the brass.)


You may have seen lots of tutorials and DIY ideas floating around the web about using this paint. I won't bore you with all the ins and outs but you can Google it for yourself and I'm sure you'll find lots of help using it.



Like every one before me, I am here to proclaim, this stuff is GRRRRREAT! as Tony the Tiger would say. 

Am I showing my age here?? 

Tell me that you remember him.                                                         

Moving on.

I unscrewed the handles from the doors and took them outside.  I did nothing to prep them at all not even clean them. Ain't nobody got time for that! I sprayed them with 2 light coats of the ORB (oil rubbed bronze) 

The directions said that they would be dry to the touch in an hour. So I took my son to the pool to swim while I waited. I'm a multi-tasker like that.

When we got home I was really happy with the results! They looked like they were always that color. Score!! ( I will not admit that I totally walked around my house thinking what else can I spray paint!!!!)

So this is how my doors look now.


Even though I have two different style knobs at least they are the same color. So much better!

That's how I spent my Sunday..how about you? Think you'll give ORB a try?


Before
After

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks, Jenna!! I'm very happy that I didn't have to buy new door hardware. And btw, you are my first official comment, thank you for that!

      Delete

I would love to hear from each of you! If something strikes your fancy please let me know!