Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Makeover Monday#4 (on Tuesday)..use what you got!

As much as this might surprise some of you, I'm not made of money and I don't own a tree where it grows on (I have a black thumb..whomp whomp).

I often look around my house and reconfigure displays and trade things out to make it fresh again without spending money. Sometimes this works out other times, not so much.

Now that Fall is officially here I am excited to begin transitioning to Fall decorations!


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I%27m_So_Excited


And to quote the Pointer Sisters...." I'm so excited! I'm about to lose control and I think I like it!"


 


I've embraced moving from Spring/Summer decorations to Fall around the house.

So up in the rafters I go, to sift through all the Fall decorations I have. Every year, I forget what's up there and end up buying items that I don't really need. (Does anyone else do this? It's like Christmas every time I go up there!) This year I'm determined to be proactive and LOOK first at what's there then IF and only IF I need to supplement then find a few small inexpensive items to round out my collection.

My plan went by the wayside almost immediately when I found these cute pumpkins at the Dollar Tree.





I knew I had to have them!  And there were exactly 6 white ones, it was meant to be.  I couldn't wait to set my table for Fall.


Here is the beginning..



I used my white "Saulsalito" plates from Pottery Barn, I love these plates!  They are large and sturdy.  Along with my grandmothers linen napkins.  Those napkins hold special meaning to me and I'm happy to be able to use them here. 

I have a few details to add to my centerpieces but I held off because...ugh... I'm about tear it all down and put up Halloween in it's place!

Ahh..why do I have this obsession with decorating..sigh.

~Nicole




2 comments:

  1. Looks great Nicole! Those pumpkins are darling with the white plates :) Can't wait to see your Halloween table setting!
    Cindy @ Diy beautify

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, you got those pumpkins from the Dollar Tree? They are adorable. Your table looks like it's out of a magazine spread!
    Thanks for visiting my blog.
    Barbara @ www.allmylivesnow.com Following you via Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from each of you! If something strikes your fancy please let me know!