Tuesday, October 15, 2013

And the award goes to...The Leibster Awards and Me

Wow!!  It is a total honor to be chosen, this is my first award in the blogosphere and hopefully not my last! Thank you so much to Cindy @ DiyBeautify. She and I started blogging about the same time and I love her style!  Make sure you go check her out!


OK, so the rules state I have to answer the following questions. So here goes!



1. What post are you most proud of?
 I'd have to say my very first post and the one I hope to accomplish today about my Grandmother. My first post was the toughest one, I felt vulnerable and excited all at the same time.  I, like so many other bloggers, began blogging to chronicle my life in words and pictures.  I wanted to watch the journey of  myself, watching myself grown as a person and in confidence that I can accomplish anything I set my mind to.

2. What is your favorite color? 
Hmm, my kids in school ask me this question a lot, and it always stumps me.  I can't chose just one I think I have a love affair with all colors.  I used to say it was pink, then red, then blue.  But now I find my self drawn to all colors. I love the creamy whites, and dreamy blues. The bold reds, earthy greens, and sunny yellows. There's so many!  In the right setting I love them all. :)

3. Heels or flats?
Ha! I love heels! But I stand almost the entire day so flats are a necessity and finding cute AND comfortable shoes is a must!

4. Would you rather bake or cook? Or get take-out??
I LOVE to bake..I think that it's because my best childhood memories are of my grandmother and me baking cakes together.  I used to want to be a baker but I found my calling in education.

5. For your dream vacation, would you rather go to the beach, the mountains or camping?
The BEACH!!! The ocean calls to me and I HAVE to visit the ocean every few months and bury my feet in the sand.

6. What is your least favorite household chore?
Yard work. Is that a household chore? I hate mowing and edging and blowing, then seeing all the work go up in flames as soon as the wind blows.

7. What is your favorite thing to do with your family?
I'm a total Disney addict.  My son and I go at least once every year.  Every year I contemplate taking him to other places but I end up in Disneyland acting like a kid myself.

8. What has been the most difficult thing to learn for your blog? (ie: how to add a pin it button, how to increase SEO, figure out CSS, etc)
This is a great question!! I know nothing! Everything I have done so far is by trial and error. So far linking and posting is about all I can do.  My knowledge is seriously lacking at this point but I aspire to up my learning curve ASAP! It looks like I need ask Cindy for some help!

9. What is your most embarrassing moment that you can publicly share, lol?
The first thing that popped into my head was when I was in third grade, I'll never forget it.  I needed to use the restroom but I was in trouble for talking to much in class (which, for those who know me personally, isn't shocking at all) and had to stay in from recess.  I wet my pants but I didn't want to tell anyone so when the teacher finally let me out of class, I ran into the bathroom and refused to come out.  My grandmother had to come to the school to bring me a change of clothes.  I can still recall walking down the hallway of the school. I was so embarrassed!

10. Who is the first boy you kissed?
My first kiss was Jay McCallie I had just turned 16, it was a peck.  But my first real kiss was my high school boyfriend Doug Ollis. We dated for 4 1/2 years, I thought that we would be married but it wasn't in the cards for us, but he taught a lot about relationships and what I wanted in the next one.

11. What is your favorite restaurant?
Barbara's in Half Moon Bay.  Some people don't care for their clam chowder but I love it.

Well this was fun and tough!  I really had to think about these answers. I hope that you enjoyed reading it.  Now I need to think about my nominations and finish laundry!  To be continued...

~Nicole  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from each of you! If something strikes your fancy please let me know!